Facebook is one of the most popular social networking sites on the Internet, but its recent site redesign has annoyed more than a few Facebook faithful. However, there is a fairly easy way to circumvent the new design and go back to the old Facebook.
- Log into your Facebook account. Go to the Applications section and search for the “Facebook developers” application.
- Add the application to your account. Once the application has been successfully added, go to your applications page.
- Make sure the Facebook developers application is there, and then close the browser.
- Reopen your browser and log back into Facebook. Once you have logged in go to http://apps.new.facebook.com/?fbnew_opt_out=1.
- Confirm your opt-out. Your Facebook experience will automatically be changed back to the old format.
Tips & Warnings
- If you want to go back to the new Facebook, you can always remove the developers application from your profile.
- This is only a temporary fix. Because Facebook is trying to bring everyone on board with the new system, this will work only for a little while. You will eventually be forced to use the new system.